Will all the flowers I want be available for my wedding?
Generally, yes, but since many flowers are shipped to Maui from all over the world not all are available year round. And those that are grown on Maui are subject to weather and seasonal conditions. If the flowers you want are not available, the colors can be matched with other beautiful flowers.
What flowers do I need for my wedding?
Who is suppose to pay for the flowers?
Tradition dictates that the groom pays for the bride’s bouquet, boutonnieres for groomsmen and/or ushers and for the fathers, and corsages for the mothers. If grandparents are present, the groom pays for boutonnieres and corsages for them as well. The bride's family pays for all reception and church flowers, bridesmaid bouquets, and flower girl flowers. As traditionally, the groom's family pays for the rehearsal dinner, they pay for any flower arrangements they decide to have there. (www.about.com)
When do I need to order my flowers?
Generally, you need to start talking to us six to eight weeks from your wedding day and to make a deposit on flowers four to six weeks prior to your special day.
What needs to done before ordering my wedding flowers?
• Wedding site booked
• Reception site booked
• Know the approximate number of guests and tables
• How many bridesmaids and what is the color of their dresses
• The number of corsages (for mothers, grandmothers, and sometimes readers or other special guests) and boutonnieres (for the groom, groomsmen, ushers, and sometimes readers or other special guests).
• Will you need separate arrangements for the rehearsal dinner, post-wedding brunch, entryways, bathrooms, gift or cake tables, or buffet tables
Other things to know
• Will you deliver and/or set up my flowers?
• How long do you generally spend at a site setting up?
Is there an extra delivery or set up charge?
• Is it possible to reuse the ceremony flowers as reception decorations?
Will you transport them, or will we need to?
Is there a transport fee?
• Are there any other additional or hidden costs I should know about?
• Do you have rental supplies (such as vases, urns, candelabras and potted plants) or do I need to use a separate rental company?
• If I need to add, subtract, or change arrangements or bridal bouquets, how long do I have to do so?
Three weeks in advance otherwise flowers may not be available nor the quantity needed.
If you are having an outdoor wedding, you'll want to ask what flowers will best stand up under the weather conditions. A bride who is sensitive to scents, or allergic to flowers may want to talk to the florist about scented or allergenic flowers so she won't be sneezing down the aisle.